Thursday 14 February 2013

Chocolate Calamari For Your Fisherman Friend

A photograph of Fried calamari (squid).
A photograph of Fried calamari (squid). (Photo credit: Wikipedia)
Here is another winner from the folks at my favorite site - http://www.instructables.com. This time it is something that I don't think to many of you would think of on Valentines day.

If you have a friend who has a love of seafood then I suggest you get busy and whip up a batch of these chocolate squid. They sure look good to me. I am a seafood lover, but only cooked seafood. No raw fish for me. Sushi? No thanks!

The link to the Calamari cook up is HERE.

My Dad (a commercial fisherman) used to say "if it smells like fish it is going bad, throw it overboard." This is a very good rule to follow. Fresh fish does not have a strong fishy smell.

While you are getting your squid ready to cook you may like to read about the source of some of the squid people are being sold. I guess it does not smell like fish, so you could say it is okay?

The link to this story is here: INTESTINES?

Gross you out? Want to have a little squid Sushi? Mmmm.......
Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments:

Post a Comment