Thursday 31 January 2013

Is Windows 8 For Me?

Windows 8 Presentation
Windows 8 Presentation (Photo credit: Michael Kappel)
Today was my last chance to get Win8 for $14.00, so I decided to take a chance. I had it installed for about 1/2 hour before I started looking for a way to get back to Win7. Warning! If you are doing your install on a laptop plug it in. It took almost 3 hours to download. Probably a busy time being last day for the promotional offer?

I am not really surprised to find out it is a huge jab to remove. Microsoft wants to keep you in once they have you. I am not sure what is next for me. I think I saw a screen advising how to set my computer back to the factory settings, but now I can't find it.

I am hoping that if I mess with it for a week or so I may learn to use it. I have been at it for a while now (2 or 3 hours) and it may be slowly sinking in. One thing I don't like is needing to make an account for mail and logging in. What was wrong with putting in your password? I had a problem getting my internet to connect. I was hard wired and no-go. so now I am on wi-fi it seems to work OK, but why no go on the plug in method? I normally use that because it is a little quicker.

Just a note this is on a laptop, I am not going to put it on my desktop until I am sure it is the one for me. There is a list of stuff that needs to be re-installed and I may get to it next week.


This last paragraph is being done using Dragon NaturallySpeaking, just to see how it works out. But I can see so far, there seems to be a bit of lag at the beginning of a sentence. And maybe I'm not yelling loud enough for it to work properly. I have just raise my voice and moved the computer a little closer. Let's see what happens here. I guess I'm going to have to leave it like this for now.

Right now talking a little louder than I normally would. But when I do it. It seems to make the accuracy a little better. This sentence is being done and what I would consider a normal tone of voice. And it seems like it worked just fine.

I am hoping that if I mess with it for a week or so I may learn to use it. I have been at it for a while now to or three hours, and it may be slowly sinking in. I'm going to transfer this now and jump out.


Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments:

Post a Comment